License Practical nurse programs provide the shortest as well as the most restricted option for people seeking a nursing license in California. Licensed practical nurse programs are relatively short in length, and may be offered by high school adult education programs, community colleges, vocational and proprietary schools and hospitals. The California board of nursing sets responsibilities and scopes of practice. The LPN graduate is required to work under the supervision of a registered nurse.
After graduating from an approved school of practical nursing, you will need to pass an examination to become licensed. The licensed practical nurses programs are conducted through an LPN Online Class in the state of California. The following are the steps that you will have to undergo to become an LPN in California.
- To be able to apply for licensed practical nurse license, you are expected to present proof of GED or a high school diploma.
- Undertake a credited vocational nursing course. Visit the California Bureau of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians to find a comprehensive list of programs for preparing you to be a vocational nurse. However, any program obtained outside California, an applicant must ensure that the director of his or her nursing course completes additional forms as well as present an official transcription.
- Graduates from practical nursing programs in the state of California are expected to apply for licensure through educational institution. Thereafter, an applicant is required to submit his or her application along with the appropriate fee.
- All candidates are expected by the state of California to complete the conviction form by providing fingerprints. This procedure is to ascertain that you have no criminal history that would disrupt proficient nursing care.
- After you have presented your application and all the necessary documentation, you are expected to wait for the California Board of Vocational Nursing to establish whether or not you can take the national licensure exam (NCLEX-PN).
- At this step, you are required to pass the national licensure exam, and afterwards pay the appropriate licensing fee. One’s application satisfies to be an LPN in California after the licensing fee is paid.
To be a prosperous licensed practical nurse, you need to engage the best colleges with the most outstanding Online Classes. Ideally, the LPN certification is not enough, one needs to:
- Maintain an objective point of view in each and every activity.
- Be mature, alert and tactful, not to mention the ability to display patience and emotional stability.
- Have a caring as well as an understanding nature, and the flexibility to adapt to various situations.
- Always be fit and have appropriate physical stamina.
- Have the capability to follow detailed guidelines, and initiate correct action, especially in a crisis.
- And have respectable skills when communicating along with the ability to assume responsibility whenever possible.
While LPNs in California are expected to possess a compassionate nature, they at times need to be thick-skinned when it comes to occasional unkind treatment from others. LPNs, especially in a hospital setting are often under pressure, and they may take their frustrations out on those standing next to them in providing patient care. However, focusing on the higher goal of contributing to the health as well as well-being of the society does most definitely counter the stresses of being on your feet all day. These qualities accompanied by good communication skills and the capacity to follow directions, will help LPNs achieve a workable balance in their chosen field.